Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weekend-Get-Away

This past weekend the C-List went A-List...that's right ladies and gentlemen.  I was in the Hampton's.

So I'm pretty sure I have discussed the importance of ALWAYS SAYING YES in this city (unless it will cause you bodily harm or emotional distress) but because I said yes several months ago to a little job offer from the friend of a friend, I was able to enjoy a paid vacation in one of the most expensive area codes in NY.

Yes.  I did have to perform.  On a stage.
No. I wasn't stripping.
And yes...I did find that the best part of the whole trip wasn't the Hampton's beaches or the cute shops and expensive restaurants.  It was getting to be a part of a family for a little bit.  While I did have my own little apartment for the entire stay, I was so graciously taken care of by the family of my boss (well...she was my boss for the weekend) and it was so nice to get to peek into how their family works/lives/co-exists/loves together. 

It was really amazing and...I gotta say (for once) I'm pretty lucky I live in this big grey city.  Otherwise it wouldn't feel so amazing to get out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

type witty things that you think pertain to this post here